Solution: Headband Storage

Since I cut my hair short, I have started wearing and making headbands and flowers of all kinds. I am really enjoying it, but I had a problem, they were all over my bathroom counter!


So I came up with a solution! I took an oatmeal container and modge podged fabric on it!

There is even a place to put my spray bottle and hair brush.

It was pretty simple. First, I measure the canister's length and circumference. I added about 1/2 inch to both lengths so I could over lap the width and fold under the bottom. I sewed ribbon on the fabric, about 1 inch apart across the width. (Mine ended up a little tight, you may want to leave a little extra length of ribbon between each stitching.) Then I put a layer of modge podge on the canister (with the paper wrapper taken off), placed the fabric on and put another layer of modge podge on top, avoiding the ribbon. That's it!
Here's the finished product:
A lot better than a mess on the counter.

Here are a couple of my favorite headbands...so far. =)








1 comment:

Rachel said...

Those are way cute!