My Baby Room

I have always wanted to paint and decorate a nursery for a baby. Curtis feels all the walls in the house should be the same color: off white. He has not allowed me to have fun with paint. Well, this time I didn't let him stop me. We still don't know if this baby is a girl or a boy so I chose colors that I felt were neutral and not too babyish. I want the room to grow with the child no matter what gender.

I found a really neat shelf tutorial here and loved the colors too. So I started with that.
Then I really liked a lot of vinyl wall decor that had branches and birds, but I didn't want to pay the high price tag, so I borrowed an overhead projector (thanks Kelsey) and paid 81 cents to make a transparency. I traced this onto the far wall:


Then I saw this tutorial and knew I just had to do it. I originally planned on doing this in my bedroom, but Curtis was not so keen on the idea. I felt it went well with the theme of the room.

From blue tape...

To green trees...

Cool, huh?

I also used freezer paper to cut out the bird shape in the corner of the shelf on the top picture. I just ironed it on the wall and painted over it. The wall was not smooth, so some paint "leaked" around the edges, but at a distance it looks great and won't take much to touch up if I feel like it.

Last Saturday I went shopping with my mom and found all sorts of treasures for the shelf.


and these sweet birds. It has several "hooks",
though I'm not sure what, if anything, to hang on it.


Today I found these frames and printed baby pics off the web,
someday they will be pics of my own baby.


The ribbons are actually taped behind and the frames are hung with screws, I'm so tricky. =)

All I need now is a window treatment of some sort, oh, and finish the two quilts I started.

I really like how it turned out. It makes me smile.
Thank you Curtis for letting me be creative and helping me put up the shelf.





1 comment:

~Mikal said...

I posted a link to your blog from mine. I just love yours.
~Mikal